Saskatoon Talks Trash: Business & Organizations
July 23, 2019
7:00 am – 8:00 pm
Sandman Hotel 310 Circle Drive, Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Hey Businesses and Organizations! Let’s talk trash.
The City of Saskatoon is engaging with businesses and organizations in the community to look at ways to divert and reduce waste.
We need your input to design recycling and organics policies and programs for Saskatoon’s businesses and organizations. Please join us at a come-and-go workshop where you can share your preferences on what will be required, how it will be enforced, and what role the City will play.
- Sandman Hotel (Mendel Room)
- 7am – 8pm
- This is a come-and-go style workshop, but we recommend dedicating at least 30 mins to provide feedback. Free parking and light refreshments provided.
We Want to Talk About
- How you, private waste haulers, and the City can work together to divert recycling and organics
- What types of waste you are diverting now, how it’s working, and if there are challenges
- What materials will be part of the diversion requirements and how they are phased in
- What you need in order to be able to separate and divert recyclables and organics
- What proof of diversion the City might require
- Innovative ways to reduce waste or reuse materials locally
Engagement will inform the development of a waste diversion strategy for businesses and organizations. It will last approximately 6 months and will include the following phases:
|Engagement with associations, large institutions, haulers, and processors.|
|Workshops with generators (businesses and organizations), followed by integrated engagement with generators, associations, and haulers and processors.|
|Opportunity to review and provide feedback on a draft strategy.|
|A recommended strategy to Committee and City Council.|
|Ongoing engagement to inform implementation, including developing a stakeholder working group.|